For more than nine years now, I have noticed some physical similarities and differences between John Lennon, and Daniel Radcliffe as Harry Potter. Since I recently got into my fixation between comparing the two of them again, I thought that I'd write a page about it.
We'll start with a gallery because I feel that it'll be better than to cut to the context, because then I'd have to go back and do the gallery later. But then again I still have to write the context afterwards. So I lose either way here! :P
Harry Potter/Daniel Radcliffe
Okay, so now that we've seen the galleries, I'm now free to explain where the inspiration for creating this page started out. In late 2007, I saw pictures of John Lennon wearing round glasses and I noticed that they looked almost if not identical to the glasses Daniel Radcliffe wore while he was cast as Harry Potter.
Up until recently, I had a feeling that John's glasses were lighter than Harry's. As it turns out, they are indeed lighter. But it wasn't until recently, when I read a comment about John's glasses not being black, that I knew what the definite difference between their glasses was. John's glasses are lighter and golden, whereas Harry's glasses are darker and metallic black.
- Both of them wore round glasses at one time.
- Both don't have particularly round or stocky faces.
- Their hairstyles were similar at certain points.
- They are both British.
- They both have tenor range vocals.
- Both of them have slim builds.
- Both of them have fair skin.
- The glasses he usually wore in the late 60's to early 70's were golden.
- His chin is wider than Harry's chin.
- His face is longer than Harry's face.
- His eyes are brown whereas Harry's eyes are green.
- His nose is larger and more beak shaped. The bridge curves outwards more.
- He is taller than Harry, being approximately 1.79 metres tall.
- His hair was light to medium brown.
- He often had sideburns, whereas Harry did not.
- He is a musician who's musical style notably consisted of rock and roll, pop rock, and experimental rock.
- Although he did sing the bulk of his songs in a tenor register, it has long been debated whether he is a tenor or a baritone who generally sings within the tenor range. Personally I think of him as a low tenor or maybe a baritenor.
- His glasses are metallic black.
- His chin is narrower than John's chin.
- His face is shorter and slightly rounder than John's face.
- His eyes are green whereas John's eyes are brown. His actor, Daniel however has blue eyes instead of green.
- His nose is smaller and not as beak shaped. The bridge doesn't curve outward as much, so the nose is straighter.
- He is shorter than John, his actor being around 1.65 metres tall.
- His hair is jet-black, though his actor has dark brown hair that's almost black.
- He didn't have sideburns, like John often did.
- His actor is more into rap music than rock and roll music. His actor also isn't a musician, but does a bit of rapping.
- His actor has a higher register and voice than John did.